Sea Kayaking Coastal Massachusetts: From Newburyport to Buzzard's Bay
From the rocky shores of Newburyport, to the southern waters of Nantucket Sound, Sea Kayaking Coastal Massachusetts details more than 40 ideal sea kayaking trips. Perfect for the novice and intermediate paddler, Sea Kayaking Coastal Massachusetts contains all the information needed to explore the shores, tidal rivers, and offshore islands the state has to offer.
Special Features Include:
- Coastal conservation, access rights, and environmentalism
- Local outfitters and resources, including guides, kayak clubs, and paddling associations
- Tidal information
- Campground recommendations
- Information on essential skills, safety, gear, and navigation
“Sea Kayaking Coastal Massachusetts is the most extensive resource to date for paddlers seeking to explore the wonders of this diverse coastline. This book is an extensive resource for beginner and experienced paddlers alike.”
- Bob Burnett, Founder, North Shore Paddlers Network
“Sea Kayaking Coastal Massachusetts is a detailed guide to waterways of Massachusetts, including many of its hidden jewels. But most importantly, Evans’ section on environmentally sound kayaking provides valuable lessons for anyone who uses the waterways.”
- Dennis Murley, Naturalist, Massachusetts Audubon Society at Wellfleet Bay
Authored by Lisa Gollin Evans who is an avid sea kayaker and author of four other wilderness guidebooks.